Youth Educational Woolcraft Exhibit Contest
2019 Youth Educational Woolcraft Exhibit Contest Rules
New this year, you have the option to submit your entry online or by mail.
The purpose of the Educational Woolcraft Exhibits is to inform fairgoers about any topic relating to natural animal fibers.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- the difference between various natural animal fibers
- how fibers are used, and processed
- what animals are involved in growing natural fibers
- how to care for fiber animals
- economic considerations of natural fiber production
- techniques used to turn natural fibers into useful items
Rules and Regulations
- Judging will be based on aesthetic appeal, educational content, clarity of information given, and craftsmanship.
- Entrant(s) must be: Youth—under 20 years of age as of Jan. 1. Individuals, groups, or clubs may enter.
- All exhibits must be the work of the entrant(s). Purchased examples of technique, or fiber are allowed, however if the entrant(s) made them, this should be noted so the judge can take this into account.
- Examples of techniques used may include weaving, knitting by hand or machine, crocheting, hooking, braiding, embroidery, felting, sewing, etc.
- Judging will be by the 2 judges for the Handspun and Woolcraft judges, independently assessing the displays.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria using a point system:
- Over-all effect
- Clarity of writing
- Clarity of explanations
- Aesthetic appearance
- Completeness of information: i.e. exhibitors’ age, number of exhibitors involved, where items were made, what items are made from, etc.
- Quality of workmanship
7. Awards will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons, plus participant ribbons for all. Prize money will come from the budget for the Handspun and Woolcraft Contests, based on a point system.
8. Exhibits must be totally setup by 9:30am Saturday Morning of the fair and must remain in place until Sunday afternoon 3pm.
9. Exhibits must be removed Sunday between 3:00-4:00 pm Sunday of the fair.
10. There is no entry fee. A completed Entry Form must accompany all exhibits with all exhibitors listed including names, ages, and towns. If entering as a group, a contact person with full address, email, and phone number is required and to be noted.
97 Fairgrounds Road
Cummington, Massachusetts 01026
Web Design by Novel Designs